Monday, March 2, 2009

Poopy Diapers


Yesterday was the first day to use cloth diapers. I thought that I had it all planned out to avoid having to deal with poop in them on our trial day. Bishop normally poops early in the morning and then is fine the rest of the day so after his predicted morning poop I put him in his sweet grasshopper colored cloth diaper. He pooped in that one. I put him in the next cute little buttercup yellow diaper. He pooped in that one too. He was a pooping machine! I don't think he has ever pooped that much in one day. Thankfully he didn't poop in the third cloth diaper I put him which was white as snow. This is going to be more challenging then I thought so we're taking a break today. Besides the diapers just finished the second cycle in the washing machine trying to remove the poop stains. The amount of water and energy I am going to have to use will probably completely undermind any good I'm trying to do for the environment. I also seriously underestimated the number of diapers that I am going to have to buy...3 is not going to cut it! What have I gotten myself into?

No comments: