Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ma's Chicken Pot Pie and Ginger Cookies


I thought I would share some of my favorite recipes from my mom. I've seen where other people post recipes on their blogs and I thought it was a really good idea only I forgot to take a picture of the pot pie to show and now it's half way gone but I promise it is so yummy and easy to make. The ginger cookies are addictive. Jeremy ate atleast 6 the other night and he doesn't even have a sweet tooth like me.

CHICKEN POT PIE
2- cans mixed vegetables, drained
1- can cream of potato soup
1- can cream of celery soup
2- chicken breast cooked and shredded
1 1/2- Tbsp of tastefully simple's onion onion
(if you don't have this pick some other kind of seasoning like season salt and dried onion flakes, you decide and experiment)
2- 9" pie shells

-Mix first five ingredients together on the stovetop and just enough to warm them, add a little milk so they don't burn
-pour into a pie shell and then place the other pie shell on top, poke holes on the top
-bake at 425 for 15 mins or until golden brown


GINGER COOKIES
1/2 cup canola oil
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup light molases
1 egg beaten
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ginger

-Mix oil and sugar together.
-Add molasses and egg, beat well.
-Add sifted dry ingredients and mix well.
-Roll dough into small balls and roll in sugar.
-Place 2" apart on greased cookie sheet.
-Bake at 375 for 6-8 mins.

No comments: