Friday, January 9, 2009

Back to work.

Ready to go to Ma's house!




This was when the water works started.


This week was my first week back to work after three months of maternity leave and I think I handled being away from Bishop pretty well. I did however wake up Wednesday morning and look over at him and start crying remembering that today was the day that I would have to leave him for 6 whole hours! I cried a little on my way to work too. I purposely wore little mascara expecting that to happen. He did great while I was gone and my mom even thanked me for letting her watch him but she is the one that needs to be thanked. It was so comforting knowing that he was in her care and safe. When I went to pick him up he wouldn't look at me...like he was punishing me for being gone. He kept turning his head in the other direction and both nights after we got home he continued to sleep in his carseat until midnight, which is unheard of for him. If we are in public he can sleep for hours in it but the minute we get home he wants out. I actually had to wake him up and bring him to bed. I think he was in a bit of a milk coma since mom gave him 10 ounces while I was gone. I told him it's okay everyone overeats when they go to Ma and Pa's. ;) It was nice seeing everyone at work and my clients. I missed all of them and I really do love my job but I love him much more so I hope that I will be able to stay part-time. Besides I'm happier to be at work when I'm not there 40 plus hours a week. I'm much more productive and positive. I think the french are onto something with their minimal work hours and long vacations. Americans need to adapt that lifestyle. I'm sure that our life expectancy would increase drastically. I got the chance to go to Paris with my dad several years ago and I was amazed how they would just close up shop and take two hour lunch breaks in the park. Could you imagine doing that here? Most people are lucky if they even get to take a 30 minute break. So I'm going to continue with my 10 hour work week and pray that it will be enough and that I won't have to miss a minute more than I have to with Bishop.

No comments: