Sunday, April 12, 2009

40 days with our Savior

I have reflected more on the resurrection this Easter than any other one before. In the past I've learned more about His death (I'm good on the history channel's crucifixion special for awhile) and not as much about what happened after He was risen and His resurrection is what truly is significant to me. This is what sets Him apart from anyone else. Everyone dies but only Jesus was Risen from the grave!
This year I feel like my eyes have been opened to the scripture and I drink it in like I've never read it before. Passages are revealed to me that I've never noticed. Like John 20:21-23, it says that after being resurrected Jesus appeared to the disciples and breathed on them and said "Receive the Holy Spirit" it gives me chills to think about how utterly amazing it must have been to have been breathed on by Jesus.
He continues to reveal Himself to the disciples for forty days and they watch as he ascends up to heaven in a cloud....I'm sure another amazing moment. The bible only gives us a glimpse at what happened in those forty days. I wish I could know all the details of what they experienced. John 21:25 says "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written." Maybe when I get to heaven I could interview the disciples. Probably not though. I'm sure they have some kind of V.I.D room that I won't be allowed into.
(For those of you who didn't get my sad attempt at a joke V.I.D. stands for "very important disciples." I know I'm a dork.)

No comments: