Monday, February 2, 2009

more ranting about vaccines...

The mama bear in me has been awoken and I am fired up! If you are tired of hearing me argue against vaccines then you might want to stop reading now. For those of you who are still with me I found out today that my sweet little Bishop has been DENIED health insurance from a new policy I applied for. I'm currently paying a whapping $435 a month for us so I was really hoping to get on a new policy. The reason he didn't get approved was because I am delaying his vaccines and refusing to ever give him some. I spoke with the underwriter and she said that he has to have the "recommended" vaccines and that if I were to delay any I need to get a letter from his doctor stating when he will be caught up and they would look at it again. I tried to explain that I don't feel comfortable giving my infant vaccines because of his possible genetic predisposition to Autism and that even schools allow you to take a religious exemption from them but there was nothing I could do to change their minds unless I agreed to get him vaccinated the way they think I should...which is NOT going to happen. I'm so frustrated that people who are speaking out and saying this doesn't seem right and I'm not going to go along with this are getting penalized. I'm not crazy and I hate being made to feel like I am just because I want to protect my child. Mothers know their children best and they are noticing changes in their children after getting them vaccinated. I just read a story about a little girl in the middle of a huge court case who was a healthy baby walking and talking and then at 15 months received the MMR along with other vaccines and immediately after had an extremely high fever with vomiting, diarrhea and seizures. She's now extremely high on the autism spectrum (along a list of other diagnoses), can't talk and still wears diapers because she has lost control of her body. Studies haven't even been done on giving children multiple vaccines at once...they've just been done on each individual one and by the drug company that sells it. I find it interesting that a doctor who sits on the board at Merck was quoted saying the link between vaccines and autism is a sad coincidence. Considering his position even if he did know the risk of vaccines it's unlikely he would admit it. In 1980 children were recommended to receive 10 vaccines, today they are recommended to receive 36. I don't understand the reasoning for this...it's not like we have had an outbreak of polio or any other diseases that we are vaccinating against. It makes me think that someone is majorly profiting from this increase and that is the reason for it. How can you say it's a coincidence when there are studies showing vaccinated boys have a 155% greater chance of developing a neurological disorder such as ADHD or Autism then unvaccinated boys. But what do we expect when we inject 7 vaccines into a 13 lb 2 month old baby...that is equivalent to giving a 130 lb adult 70 doses!!! It makes me so mad that drug companies and our government aren't being proactive in changing this and it's sad that people are suffering because we thought we could trust them. I know that they are aware of the risks of vaccines. Why else would they set aside 2.7 billion dollars to pay damages to those who have suffered as a result of vaccines? They know the risks they are just choosing to look the other way. Besides think about how much money they would stand to loose! Just watch Constant Gardner it shows just how low drug companies will go to make money. Okay, I've said my peace and this mama bear is going back into hibernation...for now.

No comments: