Friday, December 5, 2008

Forgiveness

Now that I'm home from work on maternity leave I've been trying to get into some healthy and productive routines so I don't just stay in my pajamas watching TV all day. One thing that I've started doing is listening to sermons that I've downloaded onto my phone. So every day I set aside time to rock with Bishop and read, listen to music or one of the sermons. I love this time with him and now I look forward to it every day. The other night I listened to a sermon about resentment that really spoke to me. I am guilty of being resentful and I struggle with letting things go and forgiving people and I probably worry too much about people that haven't forgiven me too. But I know that once you do there is a peace that comes over you and a weight is suddenly lifted. After all who are we to judge we are all human and make mistakes but when you hold onto resentment it's as if you are saying that you are better than that person. It becomes a control issue. It can make you feel good about yourself and powerful to hold things over people and not allow them to experience your forgiveness. A sad part of it is that usually the people you are resentful towards you once loved. In the end it's actually you that suffers and becomes bitter. It's not healthy to hold onto so I'm letting go of any resentment I carry and I pray that God gives me strength to forgive those who have hurt me and that I am in return forgiven by those I have hurt. Life is too short and I don't want to waste it being bitter.

1 comment:

William, Martha-Marie, Elijah and Jaidon said...

So good so true. It is so amazing when you learn what true forgiveness does and what a release it gives you. So enjoy these little moments with Bishop they are as you know so presious (sp?)