Saturday, December 27, 2008

First Christmas!











We just celebrated our first Christmas with Bishop! He slept through most of it with no idea what he was missing. We didn't do santa this year because there was an hour and a half wait and I figured he could care less since he is only eight weeks old. His Pa was a good stand in though with his santa hat. Next year I'll be more prepared and get him to the mall early. He looked adorable with his little romper that has a reindeer on the butt and we got him his first Bible that has thick pages so we don't have to worry about him tearing them out.
Jeremy and I splurged on each other this Christmas because we figured that after this year we are going to be more focused on making it fun for Bishop. So I got him a mountain bike that he's already been riding all around the neighborhood like a little kid and he got me a necklace and ring, but not that kind of ring. ;) They are both so precious to me. The necklace has Bishop's name on it and the ring has a beautiful handwritten quote by Rumi going around it that says; A mountain keeps an echo deep inside itself. That's how I hold your voice. Needless to say I got teary eyed when he gave it to me. He is also getting me a cleaning service to start coming to the house which is priceless. But the best present of all was Bishop! Having him here to share Christmas with makes my favorite holiday a hundred times better. It will be so much fun to see the excitment on his face when he is older and understands it and I hope that I can do as good of a job as my parents did in teaching him the real meaning of Christmas...the birth of Jesus!

No comments: